Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Privacy Please

Do you think the government is watching us?





Have you ever been shopping on a website, or even talking about it with a friend, as soon you see an advertisement about that specific site/item?

From a previous blog I've posted, by definition, privacy is "the state or condition of being free from being observed or disturbed by other people." I wrote a bit on how celebrities may define privacy as the "state of being free from public attention."

I grew up with my mom reminding me that once I post something online, even if I delete it, it will still be out there forever. Now, to me that is skeptical, like why would something still be online if I deleted it? It's because the internet is forever ... According to The Guardian, when a user grants an app access to their camera and microphone, the app could do the following: take pictures and videos without telling you, run real-time face recognition to detect facial features or expressions, and upload random frames of the video stream to your web service and run a proper face recognition software which can find existing photos of you on the internet and create a 3D model based on your face.

Hackers can also gain access to your device without a problem, whether its through apps, PDF files, multimedia messages and even emojis. Once a user opens a PDF file, the hacker is able to install anything they want, find all their passwords, and even steal documents.

I've read many articles like Human Rights Watch (HRW) and Oil Price, and why they believe the government is spying on us, as well as evidence proving that they do. HRW had a news release about new documents revealing "a US Defense Department policy that appears to authorize warrantless monitoring of US citizens and green-card holders whom the executive branch regards as "homegrown violent extremists," referred to as HVE's."

1 comment:

  1. HOW TO GET CROWN MAGIC ATM CARD

    UNLIMITED CASH I took the risk and in exactly 6 days later my card was delivered to my home address here and that same evening I used the card to take out $5000 for a start. It's been just 3 weeks and my life has taken a new shape. I simply want to say thank you to this electronic company and help spread their fame abroad. If you ever are in need of this card details on how to get yours today, YOu can also Whatsapp: +12134218707
    email crown_technology@yahoo. com

    ReplyDelete

FHP

I recently did a presentation on persuading my audience as to why feminine hygiene products should be tax free. Because periods are not a lu...